Friday, February 21, 2014

Enchanted Polish- Yesterday Review!

Enchanted Polish. If you are an active member of the indie nail polish world, chances are you know what it is, and you want it. These polishes are the Lamborghini of the indie nail Polish world, and they can be very hard to acquire. One Enchanted Polish will usually run you somewhere between $20-30 dollars, and the harder to finds Enchanted's can go for over $200 a piece. When I was first introduced to indie nail polish I couldn't even imagine paying more than $10 for one nail polish, so as you can imagine, when I saw one of these puppies go for over $200 in an auction, I was very intrigued.

I thought these women who were willing to spend enough money to pay my light bill for three months on ONE nail polish were insane! I couldn't imagine what would make these good enough that people would fight over these suckers like two moms fighting over a blender on Black Friday. What made them that good? Did they have gold dust in them? Diamonds? Unicorn sperm? Crack? Why, why, why was everyone so obsessed?!

Now, I definitely do not have $200 to go and drop on a single nail polish- I'm a very broke college student- but I did have some extra cash on my birthday, and I found an Enchanted for a decent price, so I figured I would see what all of the fuss was about. And then I ended up getting a little polish-happy and snagged another from a restock, and then I "accidentally" placed a bid on another that was listed for auction on Ebay. So, now I am the proud owner of two Enchanted Polishes with a third on the way. 

Enchanted Polish is, of course, another wonderful indie nail polish brand. It may even be the most renowned indie brand, but don't quote me on that. Enchanted Polish is 3-free, cruelty-free nail lacquer made with micas, pigments, and/or glitter. Honestly, that's really all I know. If I find out any more information, I will be sure to add it here, but Enchanted is a pretty mysterious company. Maybe that adds to the image? I'm not sure, but whatever Enchanted is doing, it definitely works.

The nail polish I decided to review this evening is Yesterday, which is part of Enchanted's The Beatles collection. I am a massive Beatles fan, so Yesterday was a no-brainer choice for me. Yesterday is a multichrome nail polish with holo sparkles, and oh my goodness, it is stunning! 



Gorgeous, right?! Yesterday is a multichrome that changes from purple, to a greenish color, to a really pretty copper tone. It also has one of the coolest holo effects I've seen, and it is absolutely one of a kind. 


For this manicure I used my usual ONS Space Shiver base coat. I then applied two very thin coats of Yesterday to achieve full opacity. I've honestly never used a nail polish with a formula as good as Enchanted's; it is silky smooth, and has the perfect consistency- not too thick or thin. This polish also dries very quick and I was extremely amazed by the finish. Although I did use my ONS Sonic Boom topcoat, I promise you, it was not necessary at all. This nail polish dries incredibly shiny and smooth- it has the perfect finish. 


Andddd, you've all just witnessed the creation of another Enchanted addict. 


Yes, these are all the same polish. Awesome, right?! I'm already on the hunt for the rest of The Beatles Collection. I must have it! I am beyond impressed with Enchanted Polish, and now I definitely understand what all of the fuss was about. However, I probably won't be spending $200 on an Enchanted any time soon, because I just can't afford it, but if I see one for a reasonable price, I'll snag it in a heartbeat. ;)

You can check out Enchanted Polish by clicking here.

And, for your viewing pleasure, here is a picture of my baby, Dexter, making his "old man face" while he gets some good scratchin's. 


And that, ladies, was the review for this evening! As usual, I sincerely hoped you enjoyed it, and I will have more posts coming over the weekend! I've been completely swamped with schoolwork lately as finals are next week, and I apologize for waiting so long in between posts! I have more polishes for reviews coming in all of the time, so be sure to keep checking back for new content! I love my readers! You guys are awesome! 
-Alexandria


No comments:

Post a Comment