Saturday, March 8, 2014

Colors by Llarowe - Beat It Review

Welcome, readers, to another episode of Pop Polish Passion (the blog)! Now, I know what you're all thinking- "Why hasn't this crazy woman done a blog post all week?!"- and I would just like to apologize for my absence. I've had the swatches for this post ready for days, but my son got sick and then, of course, I caught what he had. So, I've been feeling like a big bucket of crap all week long, and haven't even been able to muster up the energy to write up this review. But, alas, I am now feeling well enough to (hopefully) get the writing juices flowing so you all can read something remotely enjoyable. 

Colors by Llarowe is a very respected and loved brand in the indie world. Everyone wants CbL polishes, and it can get a little crazy at restock/release time. So, as an avid indie polish connoisseur, of course it was necessary for me to try one of these beauties! And, as usual, I was not unimpressed! All Colors by Llarowe polishes are hand-blended in large batches. They are 5-free and cruelty-free (which is SO important)!



Beat It is described as being a charcoal linear holo with a blue flash, but I found that it looked more like it was just a straight blue holo. The swatches on Llarowe were not really representative of how the polish actually looks in person. My photos really don't do this polish justice, either. Apparently it's just a tough one to capture. 


For this particular manicure I used my usual ONS Space Shiver basecoat. And, I would just like to add that I will be branching out and trying some different base coats very soon. I'm particularly interested in trying some of the peel-off basecoats, which a lot of people like to use for glitter polishes. Anywho, I then applied two pretty thin coats of Beat It. Finally, I applied one thick coat of HK Girl topcoat (which I am still very much in love with). 


Before I ever purchased my first Colors by Llarowe Polish I had been told by several people that the formula was very thick and that I would want to add some thinner to it to help it apply better. That scared me a little bit, to be honest. If I'm paying a bunch of money for one nail polish, I don't want to have to go and spend even more money on thinner just so I can use said polish. I'm happy to report that Beat It was the perfect consistency (I prefer my polish to be a little on the thicker side) and it applied like a dream without having to add any thinner. 

The formula for this polish is great and it applies very smooth. I also love it when a polish will reach opacity in as little as 1-2 coats and this is definitely one of those polishes. Beat It also dried fairly quick and had a lovely finish, even without the addition of topcoat. I've dealt with some nail polishes that applied just... Weird, and I love that Beat It was not one of those nail polishes. I would also like to note that Beat It wore very well and had no tip wear or chips after five days of wear. I'd easily give this nail polish a 10 out of 10.

The picture below shows the holographic nature of Beat It.


I am now in love with Colors by Llarowe and I will absolutely be purchasing more in the future! 

If you want to check out Colors by Llarowe you can do so by clicking here. And if you would like to stay caught up on the newest releases from Colors by Llarowe, you can like them on Facebook by clicking here.


That's it for tonight's review, lovelies! As usual, thank you so much for stopping by, and if you like what you saw please follow my blog or you can follow me on other social media platforms by clicking the links on the sidebar! I love to interact with my fans, so join me on my Facebook page and we can have some chitchats. 

Coming up next for Pop Polish Passion, we will have more awesome reviews (duh), also, as it's finally starting to get warm here in Maine, I will be attempting to take pictures of my swatches outside in the natural sunlight whenever possible, especially now that I won't freeze my hiney off! I know that I keep saying I'm going to have nail art up soon, but I really mean it this time. I wanted to try and perfect my swatching before I moved on to something else, and I think I'm getting pretty close, so keep an eye out for some fun nail art posts in the near future! I love you guys!

-Alexandria




No comments:

Post a Comment