Monday, March 17, 2014

Pretty Bitch Polish - Cold Shower Review

Good evening, gals and guys! Welcome back to Pop Polish Passion! I'm so glad you are all here! This evening's review is going to be short and sweet, because I am one tired Passionista. Tonight's review was actually meant to include three polishes, but I've had several awful nail mishaps today, so I suppose we'll have to make this into a two-parter. 

Up for review tonight, we have one of my all-time favorite polish brands! Pretty Bitch Polish is a fabulous indie brand based out of Pennsylvania! The owner, and Head Pretty Bitch, Jaclyn, is a lovely lady who is very sweet and interactive with her fans. Jaclyn makes magnificent polishes that have risqué names such as Kiss Me... Down There, Fuck Fuck Fuckity Fuck (my current favorite), and Sex Swing. I really, really adore these polishes and their dirty names! Pretty Bitch Polishes are hand-mixed, 5-free polishes with bad-ass names. These bitches have attitude for sure!

Cold Shower is a deep sky blue scattered holographic polish with gold shimmer and scattered gold microglitters. It is super unique and really gorgeous. The gold shimmer and glitters in this polish go amazingly well with the Sky blue color, and even though this type and color of polish isn't one I would normally be interested in, I really wanted to give it a try.




I would also like to mention that this polish was ROAK'd to me by an anonymous member of the Pretty Bitch Polish Collectors group on Facebook. Even though I don't know who gifted me this polish, I still wanted to mention it here because I am just so thankful and appreciative. I was gifted two polishes by two different anonymous ladies, and it was such a wonderful shock after an especially rough couple of weeks. The kindness and caring of the indie nail polish community is a truly beautiful thing and I'm so grateful that I get to be a part of it!



For my Cold Shower manicure I used ONS Space Shiver basecoat with three thin coats of Cold Shower. I topped it off with one thick coat of HK Girl topcoat. I think the results were really nice, and although I noticed that Cold Shower was a bit thinner in consistency than my Cold As Ice polish (see review for more information) it was not thin to the point of runny-ness and was still easy to apply. Jac is a polish goddess and she has an amazing formula, so I definitely suggest ordering a Pretty Bitch to try if you haven't already done so! I also really like the brush and bottle for this polish- the brush was nice and made for an easy application. The scent isn't too strong, either. 



Pretty Bitch Polish is very consistent with her polishes, which is big for me, and I'm so excited that my collection is growing! I plan to place another order during the April restock, which will include a line of pastel holos for Spring (I'm so excited about these new polishes!!). 

If you would like to check out the Pretty Bitch Polish website, you can do so by clicking here.

If you want to keep up on all things Pretty Bitch, you can do so by liking them on Facebook here.

And here's a picture of my handsome (pain in the ass) boyfriend and my handsome (super pain in the ass) puppy, Dexter, taking a nap. :)


That's all for tonight! Seeing as my nails are so effed up right now, I'm thinking of doing a post about my ever-growing collection and maybe some storage ideas tomorrow. But, don't quote me on that! I've gotten some really nice nail mail over the past couple of weeks that I'm super excited to share with you all! Thank you for stopping by, and as always, if you like what you see please follow me on all of my social media outlets!

-Alexandria








No comments:

Post a Comment