Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Glam Polish- Indigo Sparkle Review!

Good evening, ladies and... well, probably just ladies! Tonight I have for you a review of a really awesome Australian indie brand! This brand is called Glam Polish, and I just received my first bottle a couple days ago. I don't know what it is with Australia, but I swear, some of the world's best indie polish makers are there. 

I have a TON of pictures for you guys tonight! I've been working on my photography set up today, and I took so many pictures that I couldn't choose just two or three. Prepare yourselves!

Glam Polish is (as I said before) an indie nail polish company from Australia (g'day, mate!). Their nail polishes are Big 3 Free- which basically means they left some of the really nasty toxins out. Glam Polish also has a TON of really neat collections that I'd love to get my hands on someday, including the Rydell High collection and the Cast A Spell collection (how awesome is that?!)! Glam Polish also ships internationally, which is really great for those of us in the U.S. and other countries. 




The color I chose to order from Glam Polish is called Indigo Sparkle (that even SOUNDS gorgeous). I chose this color because a.) I am a holo junkie, and b.) I didn't have any purple holos yet, and this one was too pretty to pass up. For some reason, I've been on a big purple kick lately. Purple has always been one of my favorite colors; mainly because my birthday is in February, and my birth stone is amethyst.  

Anyway, onto the polish! Indigo Sparkle is a sheer jelly holographic with bright pink microflakies. This polish is really breathtaking. In the right lighting, it has a full rainbow linear holo effect that most of us adore so much. I should also note that even though it looks blue in a lot of my pictures, it is more of a deep purple in person, and as usual, my pictures really don't do it justice. 




I really like how easy the application for Indigo Sparkle was. Two coats is all you need with this pretty purple elixir. I also really appreciate formulas that aren't messy, and this was definitely one of those. I feel like it's getting a bit repetitive at this point for me to keep saying "I LOVE this polish!", but I do! I really really LOVE this polish! It is, in my opinion, the perfect shade of purple, and it reminds me of grape Kool Aid. Seriously, who doesn't love Kool Aid?!

The picture below is intentionally blurred to show the holographic effect of Indigo Sparkle.





For this manicure I used a base coat and top coat (as usual). Oh, and in case any of you were wondering for base coat I use ONS Space Shiver, and for top coat I use ONS Sonic Boom. Also, make sure you use cuticle oil! Cuticle oil really helps to soften and moisturize your cuticles- especially during the winter. 




There really isn't a whole lot for me to say about this nail polish, other than the fact that it's amazing, and I love it (had to add that again, just to get the point across), and I will absolutely be adding more to my collection in the future. This is another one of those cases where I want every single polish from this brand. Yes, they are that good. I feel like I must be having some awesome luck when it comes to picking out nail polish, because I have only had issues with one brand that I've tried thus far (and no, it hasn't been a brand that I've reviewed). Here's to hoping that I keep having good luck with my nail polish choices!






The picture below shows off the holographic effect of Indigo Sparkle.











You can purchase Glam Polish here. Yes, it costs more to have these polishes shipped to the U.S. from Australia, but it's totally worth it. Glam Polish also has international stockists, which you can find more information about on their website. If you haven't tried Glam Polish yet, you NEED to. Right now. Go. Order some! I promise you won't be disappointed!

And, there you have it; the loveliness that is Glam Polish- Indigo Sparkle. I really wanted to give you all the best possible idea of what this polish actually looks like, so I took a bazillion pictures. I hope you enjoyed them! 

Coming up this week on Pop Polish Passion! We have- as always- more fabulous nail polishes to review! Also, I should have a really good post about stamping up sometime this week or next week. And last, but certainly not least, I'll be messing around with some nail art. Please pray that I come up with something decent enough to post! 

Thanks for stopping by! I sincerely hope that this jumbled post wasn't too obscenely annoying. It's been a heck of a day. I should be back into my normal writing groove by Friday (maybe tomorrow, if my classes get cancelled due to the impending snow storm of doom). I love you all, my wonderful readers! 

P.S.- Here's a picture of my puppy, Dexter, in his winter hat. He hates winter hats. 




-Alexandria


2 comments:

  1. Ooooh that's a really lovely colour!

    I have nominated you for a Liebster Award, you can find the details and questions here: http://emma23mereta.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-award-3.html.
    Remember and comment me a link to your post after you have written it, I can't wait to read your answers. XX

    ReplyDelete