Friday, February 14, 2014

Celestial Cosmetics- Highgarden Review!

Well, hello again, beauties! I know, I know, I should have had this post up yesterday. But, you see, I decided to be an idiot and I took close to one hundred pictures for this one review; and do you have any idea how hard it is to pick four or five pictures out of one hundred that look basically the same, but with only slight variations?! It's nearly impossible. But, alas, I finally managed to pick a few decent pictures to post here for you all tonight. Phew! It was rough. 


Tonight, I have for you all, another review for a lovely Australian indie brand called Celestial Cosmetics. The polish I ordered is called Highgarden and is one of nine polishes from the Seven Kingdoms Collection, which is inspired by one of my most favorite shows (ever!)- Game Of Thrones. Not only is this nail polished inspired by Game Of Thrones, but it is also a thermal. I've been dying to try thermals since I entered the indie polish world, and I thought this might be a good first choice. 



Celestial Cosmetics is, as I said previously, and indie brand out of Australia (maybe I've got some kind of theme going on, I'm not sure yet). They make and sell Big 3 Free nail polish- which basically means they left out some of the really nasty chemicals. This indie brand also has some really neat collections including the Seven Kingdoms Collection and the Sons Of Anarchy Collection (not one, but two, of my favorite shows!). Celestial has amazing holos (we have established already that I am a holo junkie), in hues that are to die for! Celestial currently only ships Australia wide, but they have international stockists, which you can find more information on by visiting their website by clicking here.






For yesterday's manicure I used Highgarden (inspired by Game of Thrones!), which is one of nine polishes in the Seven Kingdoms Collection (inspired by Game of Thrones!). This polish is a green (when cold) thermal nail polish filled with holographic glitter dust, which turns yellow (I'd say more of a lime green- when warm). The website states that Highgarden is a sheer polish and best results are found when worn over a base color. I, however, did not use a base color, and my results were very good. 





The picture below was taken with flash to show off the glittery-ness of Highgarden.




For my Highgarden manicure I used ONS Space Shiver as a base coat. I then added three coats of Highgarden. I would like to note that although I used three coats, it really wasn't necessary, and I managed full opacity with only two coats. I then used ONS Sonic Boom for a top coat, and voila! Gorgeous manicure! Oh, and we can't forget the part about this being a thermal nail polish! For those of you who don't know, thermal means that this nail polish changes color when subjected to different temperatures. This particular polish is a deep green when cold, and a lime green when warm. I went and had my hair done today (came out AMAZING! I'll post some pictures in tomorrow's blog post) and the hair stylists all loved this polish because it's thermal! It's very rare to find a decent color changing nail polish that isn't made for children in my area, so I'm pretty sure they were just as fascinated with it as I was/am. 

The picture below shows Highgarden when cool.




Brace yourselves, a ton of thermal transition pictures are coming. 




The picture below shows Highgarden mid-transition.




And, here's one of me modeling just for the fun of it.




The picture below shows Highgarden warm, in the sunlight. It actually does look yellow in this one.




I have spent the last twenty-four hours playing with my nails. This stuff is seriously addictive, and it's so fun to watch the color change! The formula has a very nice consistency, and I didn't have any problems with streaking or clumping. As usual, my pictures don't do this polish a lick of justice and it's much more lovely in person. 

This is actually the first themed collection that I've wanted to... well, collect! I have already located the ever-elusive Arya Stark and have it being shipped to me now, so expect a review on that soon. If you are a Game of Thrones nerd, and you love indie polish, this collection is definitely right up your alley! 

You can purchase this polish and many more by clicking here and visiting the Celestial Cosmetics website. Celestial also plans on expanding into other cosmetic areas in the future. I'm seriously hoping for a Game of Thrones make-up line. That would be fantastic! 

And there you have it, folks! The completely awesome Highgarden by Celestial Cosmetics, live and in technicolor. I sincerely hope you all enjoyed this review as much as I enjoyed putting it all together! And, if you want to see what's coming up next week for Pop Polish Passion, just take a gander below. I got some nail mail today! Plus, I'm still waiting for more stuff to get delivered, and that's when the fun will really start. I've also been nominated for a Leibster Award, so expect a post for that within the next few days!




Thanks for stopping by, Passionistas! Until next time!
-Alexandria


No comments:

Post a Comment