Sunday, February 23, 2014

Gothic Gala Lacquers - Something's F*cky Review!


Hello again, lovelies! On tonight's episode of Pop Polish Passion - The Blog, we have another wonderful indie brand called Gothic Gala Lacquers! Yesterday was Gothic Gala's six month anniversary, so I thought it would be nice to do a "Happy Anniversary, Gothic Gala!" blog post for this very special occasion. 

Gothic Gala Lacquers is a relatively new indie company based out of Eureka, California (is anybody reminded of the Syfy show Eureka? Because I am!). The owner of Gothic Gala is a lovely lady named Samantha who is a licensed cosmetologist. She started off like me; not really giving a crap about nail polish until she discovered the indie world, and then she became hooked. She decided to start her own line of artisanal nail polish, and she really has some fabulous stuff. I also LOVE the fact that she has a bunch of Doctor Who themed nail polishes *swoon*. I'd also like to mention that Samantha's customer service is top notch. She is extremely personable, helpful, and always responded to my messages fast. Thank you so much, Samantha! Oh, and her prices are very reasonable, to boot!


The polish we have up for review this evening is called Something's F*cky! How awesome is the name, right?! Something's F*cky is a teal scattered holo that has a glossy finish. It is 3-free and beautiful! 


For my manicure, I used my usual ONS Space Shiver base coat. I then applied two thin coats of Something's F*cky to achieve full opacity. Finally, I applied my ONS Sonic Boom topcoat, and voila! 


I just have to say, that I really love the bottles that Gothic Gala uses for her polishes. The long brush handle really helps with painting precision, for me, anyway. I also loved the fact that this polish dries to a nice glossy finish, and it dries very quickly. But, be careful; because this polish dries so quick, you have to apply pretty fast. There were a few nails where I was too slow applying, and the Polish dried before I could finish, leaving a few small divets that I had to go back and fix afterward. This Polish really has a lovely formula, though. It's on the thicker side- which I happen to like, as it doesn't take as many coats to achieve full opacity- but it's not clumpy at all. I also really love the teal; I think this is the perfect shade of teal, and the subtle holo is also refreshing in a world of linear holos (not that I don't also adore those, but this was a refreshing change of pace). 


As per usual, my pictures don't do this polish justice. For some reason, I had a very hard time capturing the holographic element of this particular polish, but believe me when I say that it's truly lovely. As you can also see, my manicure isn't particularly on point this evening. I've just had one of those evenings where I cannot steady my hand, no matter how hard I try, so after re-applying several times trying to not be too messy, I eventually called it good. I'm such a messy painter! I'm getting much better, though!

The picture below shows off the holographic nature of Something's F*cky.


All in all, I'd have to say that I was definitely impressed with this nail polish! I will be purchasing again in the near future (I've got my eye on Odin and Lilac Dreams)! Gothic Gala makes top quality nail polishes, in very unique bottles, with freaking awesome names. I don't know about you, but that's more than enough to get my business. Happy Six Month Anniversary, Gothic Gala!

You can purchase Gothic Gala Lacquers by clicking here!

And, here's a picture of my handsome chi-puppy, Dexter, wearing his first harness.


Thanks for stopping by tonight, everyone! I'll have more awesome stuff for you very soon! I'm still waiting on the rest of my nail art supplies, but when they all arrive I'm going to try my hand at nail art and possibly some tutorials. Oh, and here's a picture of my collection. I'm so proud of it. We're at 20 polishes right now, but I still have more coming in every week. These are all indie polishes.


-Alexandria







4 comments:

  1. Awwww thank you so very much for the kind words, the mean a lot to me! And thank you for the kick a** review as well!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! It was all the truth, anyway. :)

      Delete
  2. Cute little puppy!!! Oh, and pretty mani, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete