Monday, March 3, 2014

Ethereal Lacquer - Phantasm Review

Good evening, polish lovers! I don't know about you, but I've had a very productive day today, and I'm feeling pretty damn accomplished. As I mentioned in my last post, I started new classes today! I'm taking Introduction To Medical Assisting and Pharmacology. They seem pretty awesome so far and I'm loving the fact that I don't have night classes for awhile! It leaves me with plenty of time to focus what I love- my nail polish blog! On the other hand, I'm exhausted because I got up much earlier than usual today because I have a sick little boy on my hands, so please bare with me here. I might ramble and i may make a few editing mistakes before I have a chance to look at this post again tomorrow.

Anyhow, we have another fabulous indie brand up for review tonight! Woo hoo! Ethereal Lacquer is an artisanal nail polish company that makes 3-free nail Polish. They are from The Empire State, and their mission is to create fun colors for people who love nail polish as much as they do! Ethereal has some really unique colors (which I love) and they are all breathtakingly gorgeous.

The Ethereal polish we have up for review tonight is called Phantasm. Phantasm is a multichrome holographic polish that shifts from turquoise (I'd say more of a royal blue- I see no turquoise at all) to violet with flashes of Amber. This polish is meant to be layered over a black undercoat, but as I said previously, I like to show my readers exactly what they're buying (which is code for "I don't own any black polish right now").


For this manicure I started out by applying a coat of my ONS Space Shiver basecoat. I then applied three very thin coats of Phantasm. Finally, I added one thick coat of my (amazing) HK Girl topcoat! Pretty basic stuff, but I just want to make sure everyone knows how to do this, because.... Well, you never know!


This polish really has a gorgeous multichrome quality. I've had a big obsession with multichromes recently, so I love this! The formula for Phantasm is very thin and smooth. The application was simple and it dried incredibly fast. Although I do generally like my polishes to be on the thicker side, the polish applied so nicely that I really didn't mind at all. It was thin, yes, but not to the point of it being runny. I'd easily give the formula a 9 out of 10.


Ethereal Lacquer is a company that is held in very high regard in the indie world, and I can certainly understand why. I am absolutely looking forward to expanding my Ethereal collection! 


Phantasm is so sparkly and colorful. It reminds me of something mystical from a fairy tale or something of the like. Definitely a fantastic color that gives you a nice, light and airy feeling. I got so many compliments on my nails today while I was wearing Phantasm. Good job, Ethereal!

The picture below shows the holographic nature of Phantasm.


You can visit Ethereal Lacquer by clicking here.

There you have it, Passionistas! The beauty that is Ethereal's Phantasm! I hope you all enjoyed, and I sincerely thanking you for stopping by to read my crap! We've got more fun stuff coming up very soon on Pop Polish Passion!  

-Miss Pop Polish Passion





No comments:

Post a Comment