Saturday, March 1, 2014

Polish Me Silly - Steel My Heart and Tease Me Review

Hello again, dear readers! Another day, another blog post. I am in an awesome mood today because I got my report card and found out that I passed both of my classes! Woo hoo for me! I start my new classes on Monday, and I'm taking Pharmacology and Intro To Medical Assisting. My classes will also be much earlier in the day this mod, which should leave me plenty of time to do some blog posts during the week! But enough about me, I'm assuming you came here for nail polish, and nail polish is what you shall receive.

For tonight's review we have an indie company from the U.S. called Polish Me Silly. Polish Me Silly is a mother/daughter team that once went by the name of Lush Lacquer. This is really all of the information that I know about Polish Me Silly. I have, however, messaged back and forth with the owners (Karin and Lexi) and they have very good customer service. I had an issue with the consistency of the polishes I ordered (which I'm chalking up to the fact that the Polish shipped during extreme weather conditions) and Karin and Lexi promptly remedied the situation. Thanks so much, ladies!

The first polish up for review this evening is Steel My Heart. Steel My Heart is a multichrome color shifting polish that shifts from a variety of steel blue to other shades of blue to lavender, purple, and fuschia and finally to silver with pink and blue flakies. This is an extremely unique and beautiful polish! 

I've been told (not by Polish Me Silly) that this kind of chrome polish is meant to be worn with a black undercoat. I did not use any kind of undie in my swatches, simply because I feel that it can be misleading to people who might only be looking to see swatches, and not actually read my blog. I also want my readers to get the best possible idea of what a Polish will look like without adding any "extras" into the mix.

The picture below shows one coat of my new bottle of Steel My Heart with one coat of the old bottle of Steel My Heart on my ring finger.


The formula for Steel My Heart (the new bottle) is extremely thin. Although I generally like polishes that are on the thicker side, my original issue with the first bottle of Steel My Heart that I received was that it took a very long time to dry and I had a hard time with the application, and as I said before, I don't believe Polish Me Silly was at fault for any of those issues. The application for Steel My Heart was very easy, and all in all, I really enjoyed the formula. 

The picture below is four coats of Steal My Heart vs. two coats of the old bottle on my ring finger. Please note that this Polish has more of a silvery tone to it in person.


For this manicure I used my usual ONS Space Shiver base coat. I then applied four thin coats of Steel My Heart (except for the ring finger where I applied two coats of the old bottle). Finally I applied one coat of my (new! Squee!) HK Girl fast dry topcoat (which is AMAZING!!). And that's it! This nail polish does take a few minutes to dry, so if you're like me and forget your nails are wet and smack your nails off of everything... Well, just try and sit still!


Next up on the list we have Tease Me, which is also part of Polish Me Silly's Meet My Chromies Collection! Tease Me is an orchid colored duochrome. It shifts colors starting with a variety of purples to a variety of pink hues. It has a soft shimmer of blue and pink. Black base coat is recommended is recommended for this polish, however I did not use an undie for this one, either. 

The picture below shows three coats of the new bottle of Tease Me on the pointer and middle fingers, with four coats of the old bottle on the ring and pinkie fingers.


For this manicure I used my ONS Space Shiver basecoat (again). I then applied three rather thick coats of Tease Me, and lastly, I applied one generous coat of my HK Girl (I <3 you, HK Girl!). As far as formula is concerned for this polish, the first bottle was very very thin, and the second bottle I received was slightly thicker, but still thin and manageable. This nail polish was very easy to apply, and has a gorgeous hue. I will be swatching both of these polishes over black in the future, only because I'm interested in seeing how much of a difference it makes! 


And that's all for Polish Me Silly! I really enjoyed both of these polishes, and I love the fact that they are so unique! Polish Me Silly has a relatively new line called Meet My Chromies (which includes both polishes I reviewed this evening) that has a ton of other beautiful polishes! Seriously, when I ordered these polishes it took me over an hour to figure out what to get, because all of the polishes in this collection are so unique and just fabulous. Good job, Polish Me Silly, and keep up the good work!

You can check out Polish Me Silly by clicking here.

Here's a picture of my sweet wittle Dexter when he was just a baby. :)


Thank you so much for stopping by, lovelies! I'll have more fun stuff for you tomorrow!
-Alexandria








1 comment:

  1. Ive been keeping my eye on Polish Me Silly because of their holos, and you're making it so hard to resist buying them!! Gorgeous swatches also Dexter is adorable!! <3

    ReplyDelete