Friday, February 28, 2014

Femme Fatale Cosmetics - Ruby Hare Review


Hello again, lovelies! I apologize for being absent this past week! It's been a very busy week as I had finals and had to get ready to start my new classes next week! which I'm super excited about because I'm taking Introduction To Medical Assisting and Pharmacology (I've been looking forward to both of these classes for a very long time)! 

On the agenda this evening, we have a review for another lovely Australian indie nail polish brand! Oh, and I also did a little nail art- and when I say "a little", I really mean that I just barely dipped my toe in, but hey, it's a start! 

So, Femme Fatale is a really cool Australian indie brand. Femme Fatale is an artisan company specializing in hand-blended mineral based cosmetics and nail lacquer. Femme Fatale has a massive selection of polishes that are to die for! They have an amazing selection of holographic polishes, which made it very hard to choose only one. Femme Fatale is on the higher end as far as pricing is concerned, but after trying their polish, I'm going to go ahead and say that it is absolutely worth the price. They really have a magnificent product.

Although Femme Fatale currently only ships within Australia, they do have international stockists that carry their products. I personally use color4nails, which you can check out by clicking here. I buy the majority of my polishes from color4nails. I love the fact that I can try multiple brands at one time, and shipping is extremely fast and very reasonably priced!

Please try and ignore my lack of clean-up for this manicure. When I did this manicure, my skin was very dry (stupid Maine winters!) and no matter how hard I tried, I could not get the polish off my cuticle area. It was being very stubborn, so eventually I gave up and called it good.




For this manicure I used my ONS Space Shiver base coat. I then added two very thin coats of Ruby Hare to achieve full opacity, after which I added one coat of my ONS Sonic Boom top coat. Then I picked up one rhinestone at a time with a dotting tool (before the top coat had dried completely) and firmly pushed it into the polish. After all of the rhinestones were in place I added one more layer of topcoat. Ta-da!




Ruby Hare is a medium berry pink (more on the burgundy side in person, if you ask me) polish with a copper shine and linear holo. It is made to order with a 3-free base (see previous posts if you're not sure what that means). 




This nail polish really is lovely, and it even looks sort of cosmic-y in the bottle. The formula is another one of the "thick, but not too thick" formulas that I love so much. This polish was very easy to work with, and it dried very quickly. You can even achieve opacity with this nail polish in as little as one coat, which is a plus. I'm going to start rating polishes on a scale of 1-10 to better give my readers an idea of the quality. I would give Ruby Hare a 9.5, easily. I <3 Ruby Hare!

The picture below shows the holographic effect in Ruby Hare.




I am extremely impressed with Femme Fatale, and they will be getting plenty of my business in the future. The packaging was great, the formula is amazing, and the color is gorgeous! Good job, Femme Fatale! You have a fabulous product!

You can check out Femme Fatale Cosmetics by clicking here.

And, for your enjoyment, here's a picture of my baby, Dexter, snuggled up in his favorite spot and being super cute!




That's all for this evening, dear readers! I'll have (hopefully) a few more posts for you this weekend. Thank you for stopping by!
-Alexandria






No comments:

Post a Comment