Sunday, February 9, 2014

Literary Lacquers Full Review: Laters, baby and Strawberry Ice Cream Soma



Hello, again, beautiful readers! As promised, today I have for you my full review of Literary Lacquers. The colors I used for today's manicure were Laters, baby with Strawberry Ice Cream Soma as an accent. I really love both of these colors, and I thought they would go well together, so instead of reviewing them separately I decided to do them together. Once again, please excuse the quality of my pictures as I am new to blogging and am trying to figure out how it all works!

Literary Lacquers are hand-mixed artisan nail lacquers inspired by literature. You can purchase Literary Lacquers here. These polishes are absolutely beautiful, and being a huge book worm, I love the idea! 

Laters, baby is a deep charcoal linear holographic nail polish with added fine glitter "for extra sparkle love". It is from The Good Parts Collection- Erotic Fiction from Fanny Hill to 50 Shades. This particular polish was inspired by 50 Shades of Grey, which of course, I'm sure you knew already, unless you've been living under a rock for the past couple of years. I really adore this polish; the charcoal is nice and subtle, but the holo adds a little flash. Also, I'm addicted to shiny things. And if you are too, this polish is right up your alley. 

This polish applies very smooth, but similarly to Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, the first coat is a bit of a tricky application. The second and third coats (I used three) came out beautifully and without issue. It also has a semi-matte finish (in my opinion, anyway) because of the fine holographic glitter, so I would recommend a top coat. The top coat does not appear to change the holo effect.  

The picture below shows Laters, baby and Strawberry Ice Cream Soma. I should also add that Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster (see previous post) has a ton of pigment in it, so if your a messy painter like I am, be very careful not to get it on the skin around your nails, because it will stain! I would suggest maybe adding the tiniest bit of Vaseline around your nail bed. You can wipe it off after, and it should prevent staining. I will definitely be doing that the next time I use Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster, or any heavily pigmented polish. 




Strawberry Ice Cream Soma is a warm pink crelly holo from the Literary Liquors Collection. Indoor it is a shimmery pink with a touch of purple shimmer, in the sun or under a bright light, a full linear rainbow holo emerges. It was inspired by Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. This nail polish is on the thin side, and applied very smoothly. It's very light, so I would recommend four thin coats, which is what I used for the picture. As usual, I also used a top coat, which does not seem to change the holo effect for this polish. 

Below is a picture of Laters, baby and Strawberry Ice Cream Soma under fluorescent lighting to better show off the holographic effect.





I can honestly say that I am just as impressed with these polishes as I was with Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. All three are simply beautiful in their own ways, and once again, my pictures do not do these polishes justice! Literary Lacquers is certainly a master of their trade, and I can't wait to purchase and review more polishes for them in the future! 

Now that we've gotten the review taken care of, I thought I'd clue you all in on what's coming next for Pop Polish Passion! Over the next month or so I will (hopefully) be getting this blog all straightened out and running smoothly. I feel like I'm off to a pretty decent start so far *knock on wood*. I have some really exciting things coming over the next few weeks! I have several more indie polishes I will be reviewing, and I have stamping and nail art supplies coming, so keep an eye out for all of that. I'm also working on personalizing the blog and making everything look pretty and whatnot. And last, but certainly not least, I will be figuring out a better way to take pictures of these beautiful polishes, because they deserve to be seen in their full glory. Also, be on the look out for random fashion and make up posts! 

And, here's a picture of my puppy, Dexter, in his new bow-tie collar. The boyfriend thinks it makes him look like a salesman. :)





I created a Facebook page for Pop Polish Passion for updates on blog posts and all kinds of other hullabaloo, which you can like by clicking here!

Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my gibberish! There's plenty more where this came from!
-Alexandria

No comments:

Post a Comment