Monday, February 10, 2014

Aly's Dream Polish- Hottest Pink Review!

Hello again, dear readers! Today is Nail Mail Monday (I think I just made that up, maybe) and what a wonderful Nail Mail Monday it was! I decided to start off the week by doing a review for a company that I have been just dying to try- Aly's Dream Polish. 




It's very rare for me to like every single color that a single indie polish maker has to offer, but it happened with Aly's. She has amazing holos in dozens upon dozens of beautiful shades. So, as one might imagine, I was overcome with glee when I went to check the mail today and my very first bottle of Aly's had arrived. 

Aly's handmade nail lacquers are made with cosmetic grade/high quality craft materials, polish-friendly ball bearings, and are free of dibutyl phthalate (DBP), camphor, toluene, and formaldehyde; also known as 4 free. These polishes are made in the good ol' U.S. of A. and as a bonus, they come in really cute bottles. 

For today's manicure I used Aly's Hottest Pink with Carnival by Essie as a topper for an accent nail. Hottest Pink is breathtakingly pretty and the application was a breeze. I don't know what type of super secret mystical ingredient she uses in her formula to make it so awesome (my guess would be unicorn tears), but this stuff is AMAZING! 

The picture below shows Hottest Pink under fluorescent lighting.




 Hottest Pink is a (you guessed it!) hot pink holographic polish containing cosmetic grade holographic pigments. The polish is very smooth, and has just the right consistency. It is not too thick or thin, and applies very easily. I used two thin coats for this manicure, but I could have definitely left it at one coat and it would have looked just as good. I also used a base coat, and top coat- which did not seem to affect the holographic effect in the polish at all. 



I really, REALLY love this nail polish. The application was quick and easy, with no fuss, and it came out looking gorgeous. Once again, my pictures really don't do this polish justice, and it looks so much nicer in person. I do, however, try to take pictures in different lighting to give you the best possible idea as to what these polishes really look like. 




Based on this polish alone, I will definitely be purchasing from Aly's again in the future. As a matter of fact, I'm probably going to hop on over to the Aly's Dream Polish storenvy to purchase some of the Macaroon Collection (I've been swooning over this collection for weeks) as soon as I'm done writing this. Aly's is currently open for pre-orders until Sunday. That being said, I suggest you all get your butts over there and try some of this super awesome nail polish! 

You can purchase Aly's Dream Polish by clicking here!


For the rest of this week, I will still be trying to get everything on the blog straightened out until I figure out how everything works. I also have some more reviews coming up for some really awesome indie brands (I'll give you a "hint" in a minute), and I'll be working on a good set up for taking pictures. Also, be prepared for a fashion post in the near future. And maybe, just maybe, I'll talk about myself some more, because I'm sure you all enjoy that sooo much. Right?! Right! 



Thank you so much for stopping by, Passionistas! And before I bid you all adieu, I will leave you with yet another picture of my super cute pooch, Dexter, being not very impressed because I made him try on his pajamas. Enjoy!



P.S.- Make sure you all follow the Pop Polish Passion Facebook page! You can do so by clicking the follow button on the side bar.
-Alexandria

2 comments:

  1. That's a really gorgeous polish! I love anything holo! ;) I love the Essie polish on your accent nail! If you love color variety, Mentality offers a pretty amazing line of polishes, too! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really love Aly's! I want all of her polishes. They're all to die for! Mentality is also on my massive list!

      Delete